Online accounting has been around awhile. In fact, most accounting is done online now in a cryptic, password-protected program.
One of the most popular programs is Quickbooks. It is used by millions of subscribers for business, small and big. Quickbooks accounting programs have led the way in innovative bookkeeping and easy functionality.
If you are feeling overwhelmed trying to organize your books, consider using Quickbooks. Here are some ways Quickbooks can change your small business accounting:
1. Invoicing: You can create and send your own invoices. You can now increase your cash flow and decrease your accounts receivable.
2. Cash flow control: By keeping your Quickbooks file updated, you can use it then to manage your cash flow. You have to enter your financial transactions regularly and do daily reconciliations. It is done by sorting the Quickbooks bank accounts by sing cleared status.
3. Manage employee time: On the home screen, employee time can be entered (either a single time event or a weekly timesheet). This tracking system measures employee productivity.
4. Memorized Transactions: Regular transactions can be automatically entered on a regular basis. Quickbooks memorized transactions may include invoices, bills, journal entries, and payments. Thus, your accounting should be much more efficient.
5. Accept Online Payments – The “Intuit payment network services” allows customers to pay your invoices online. It costs only $0.50 per transaction with no percentage of the invoice being charged as a fee.
6. Payroll Management – Payroll can be processed directly in QuickBooks. Your outsourced payroll can be recorded directly in Quickbooks. All payroll companies can import your outsourced payroll data into QuickBooks.
7. Financial Reporting: Small business financial reporting is a critical part of your small business bookkeeping.
8. Email Invoices and Statements – All of your small business invoices and statements can be emailed directly from Quickbooks. It reduces the time it takes for your customers to pay you.
9. Accounting questions listed: There may be some transactions that you may not know how to handle and could keep you from reconciling and closing out your financials. The “Quickbooks Ask My Accountant” code on your chart of accounts lets you enter the transaction in question then reconcile all of them while keeping your questions organized in one spot.
Quickbooks can become an essential part of your small business accounting and bookkeeping. The software can help organize your business and centralize multiple business functions. However, just understanding where to begin with Quickbooks can seem impossible. At A.K. Burton, PC we use QuickBooks as a tool to help our small business clients manage their businesses. If you don’t know where to begin with your small business accounting, we are here to help. We specialize in small business accounting services.
A.K. Burton, PC, has Quickbooks accountants experts on staff who can help you set up and use this exciting accounting program for your business. Contact our friendly and experienced staff at (301) 365-1974 or email email@example.com. A.K. Burton, PC serves the Bethesda, Rockville, and Montgomery County areas.